Friday, March 25, 2011

Carnival Time!

We are in FL right now and this weekend just happens to be the St. Paul's church carnival. St. Paul's is the parish I grew up in, so we've bee going to the carnival since we moved here in 1989. I remember how grown up I thought I was when I was finally old enough to walk around with my friends without our parents. Of course, it didn't occur to me that I had about 100 sets of parents there since we knew practically everyone back then! After hearing the music that they play on some of the rides, it's pretty apparent that the soundtracks haven't chanced since the mid-90's either.

Yesterday, I got to share the carnival with Asher and he had the best time. He got to ride a few rides all by himself and he rode a few with me or with his Uncle Joe Joe. The look of sheer joy on his face and the screams of glee as the rides took off were hilarious. He's still talking about riding the horse again from the carousel. It's days like yesterday that make me so happy to be the parent of a toddler and to experience things through his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment