Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lazy Sunday

As I was making dinner tonight, I realized what a perfect day today was. No, nothing spectacular happened, but it was perfect nonetheless. We spent a lazy morning around the house, during which I got to sleep in. Sleep is always appreciated. Other than that we drove to the newer Walmart, which is quite a bit farther than the old one, but it doesn't make me twitch to go inside. I realize that a Walmart trip would not constitute a perfect day for most people, but it actually wasn't bad.

I realized it was a perfect day when I looked out my kitchen window and saw Rob and Asher tossing the plastic baseball around while the pork loin was grilling. It's that time of year when the weather is perfect here and the humidity is not overwhelming just yet. I'm so lucky to have a family I love. I'm lucky that we have a roof over our head, clothes on our backs, and good food on the table. I need to remember these times for the future.

3 comments: